Ahh, summer camp…nearly everyone has memories of heading off to summer camp at some time in their childhood. And now, as parents, grandparents, and caregivers, many of you are considering camp for the children and teens in your lives. Camp is still a great idea for kids and teenagers, as it always has been!
Here, at Camp Live Oak, we are accredited by the American Camp Association (ACA) and our goal is to enrich and enhance the lives of children and youths through an extraordinary camp experience. ACA accreditation means we meet or exceed the 300 health, safety, programming, staffing and accountability standards set by the American Camp Association. On top of that, our staff is made up of highly qualified, certified teachers, specialists, counselors, scientists, ecologists, state guides, water safety instructors and environmentalists.
Camp Impacts Kids
Of course, the accreditation is important, but so is the positive impact ACA camps have on children and youth. At camp, campers make lifelong friends, while learning about community, fair play, values, and leadership. Camp is about helping your children gain the confidence they need to be successful in life, and, of course, there is a lot of fun and learning to be had along the way! Here are some of the ways camp impacts kids.
- New Relationships – Camp is a great place for kids to make lifelong friends, away from the pressured expectations in a school environment. At camp kids can relax and make new friends. In addition, children can form new relationships with trusted adults other than their parents or other family members.
- Self-Confidence – Camp helps children build self-confidence and self-esteem helping your child feel confident in themselves and in front of others. Camp is filled with non-competitive activities and a multitude of opportunities to allow your child to succeed at camp every day.
- Self-Efficacy – Children get the encouragement and support needed to endure setbacks, try new things, and conquer fears, gaining a sense of control over their lives and becoming better problem solvers in new situations.
- Physical Development – At camp kids get a big dose of fresh air and exercise, plus a needed balance of routine and free time, with good healthy food choices. Camp is running, jumping, swimming, hiking, climbing, and discovering new things with new friends.
- Enhance Independence – Camps provide the instruction and encouragement along with proper equipment and facilities needed to aid children in their developing their skills, abilities, and talents in a variety of areas from sports to arts. They can explore new activities and determine areas they want to explore further, making decisions for themselves, and growing their independence in a safe, caring environment.
- Fair Play and Team Work – Camps ensures fair treatment for all children; no bullying is allowed. Every child can be themselves in a close-knit community where respect and cooperation is key. Kids learn to live with others, work together, and resolve disagreements, encouraging fair play and promoting teamwork.
There is no doubt camp impacts kids in positive way, helping them to reach their fullest potential and equipping them with skills for life long success. Camp Live Oak, as the ONLY American Camp Association (ACA) accredited camp in Broward Country and one of only two in Miami Dade County – invites you to explore the opportunities for your children here with us a Camp Live Oak. We offer a number of great camping adventures including summer camp, scuba camp, winter day camp, teen eco camp and many more!