Camp Scholarship Information
Camp Live Oak strives to make camp available to all campers, regardless of means. Aside from income, we look at the number of children in the household and extenuating factors such as family member illness, family members in college, and so on. Through the Camper Scholarship program, Camp Live Oak strives to provide a camp experience to campers of differing social, cultural, and economic groups that might not normally be seen in Camp Live Oak’s camper population. Camp Live Oak does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. Camper scholarships are based on space availability and completion of documentation as well as the availability of funds for the program. No other discounts or promotions may be used with camper scholarships.
UPDATE 5/13/2019: Thank you to all that have applied for our 2019 Scholarships. At this time our Scholarship Application process is CLOSED. Additional funds may become available for our Winter 2019 season, so please check back! Have a wonderful summer!
Income Eligibility Guidelines
Camp Live Oak strives to be generous and make camp attainable for all campers, regardless of ability to pay. In general, consideration will be given to any family that expresses need. This list gives guidelines as to how much should be allocated to a specific family. There are three scholarships levels available based on income.
Full scholarship covering 100% of camp tuition.
Partial Scholarship covering 50% of camp tuition.
Fixed Scholarship of $75.
Camper Application Process and Requirements
1. Complete the entire individual scholarship application. CLO Scholarship Application 2019
2. A copy of your most recent federal tax return and any other relevant income documentation.
3. E-mail your completed application (all incomplete applications will be returned) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Scholarships are limited and are handled on a first-come-first-serve basis, and are for 1 week only. In addition to financial consideration, we also consider the child as a whole. Characteristics are gleaned from the answers on the camper application and conversations with references before the camper is accepted by Camp Live Oak. A camper should demonstrate a willingness in the following characteristics;
- Camper is 5 to 16 years old.
- Camper expresses curiosity, integrity, intelligence, and willingness to take risks.
- Camper is respectful of others and able to follow the guidelines of positive group’s dynamics.
- Camper is interested in grasping a broader sense of responsibility and a larger understanding of the physical world and is interested in acquiring greater self-confidence, know-how, and leadership skills.
- Camper is committed to being a positive contributing group member and shows a genuine interest in participating, understanding that his or her commitment means full participation and completion of the program.
1 session (3 weeks) of Summer camp to be used or given at the donor’s discretion.
Camp Scholarship FAQ’s
How are scholarships determined?
Scholarships are awarded based on need and extenuating family circumstances. The scholarship committee will confidentially review applications and determine awards.
How much money is available for scholarships?
Limited funds are available. Scholarships are awarded in three amounts; full, partial, and set amount scholarships may be awarded.
When are the deadlines for scholarship applications?
Deadline is April 1st. All applications MUST be completely submitted in order to be eligible for review.
When will scholarship applications be reviewed?
All scholarship applications will be reviewed within 3 weeks of the application deadline.
How will I be notified whether or not my child will receive a scholarship?
All notifications of award will be mailed out and sent via email on May 1st. The award letter will contain instructions on how to register your child for camp.