Camp Scholarship Information
Camp Live Oak strives to make camp available to all campers, regardless of means. Aside from income, we look at the number of children in the household and extenuating factors such as family member illness, family members in college, and so on. Through the Camper Scholarship program, Camp Live Oak strives to provide a camp experience to campers of differing social, cultural, and economic groups that might not normally be seen in Camp Live Oak’s camper population. Camp Live Oak does not and shall not discriminate based on race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. Camper scholarships are based on space availability and completion of documentation as well as the availability of funds for the program. No other discounts or promotions may be used with camper scholarships.
UPDATE 04/21/2023: The Scholarship application window is now CLOSED.
Income Eligibility Guidelines
Camp Live Oak strives to be generous and make camp attainable for all campers, regardless of ability to pay. In general, consideration will be given to any family that expresses need. This list gives guidelines as to how much should be allocated to a specific family. There are three scholarships levels available based on income.
Full scholarship covering 100% of camp tuition.
Partial Scholarship covering 50% of camp tuition.
Fixed Scholarship of $75.
Camper Application Process and Requirements
The following items MUST be submitted all at once in a complete packet. Partial packets will not be accepted and may be discarded.
1. Complete the entire individual scholarship application. CLO Scholarship Application
2. A copy of your most recent federal tax return and any other relevant income documentation.
3. E-mail your completed application (all incomplete applications will be returned) to email@example.com.
Scholarships are limited and are handled on a first-come-first-serve basis, and are for 1 week only. In addition to financial consideration, we also consider the child as a whole. Characteristics are gleaned from the answers on the camper application and conversations with references before Camp Live Oak accepts the camper. A camper should demonstrate a willingness in the following characteristics;
- Camper is 5 to 16 years old.
- Camper maintains a B and C school grade average.
- Camper expresses curiosity, integrity, intelligence, and willingness to take risks.
- Camper is respectful of others and able to follow the guidelines of positive group’s dynamics.
- Camper is interested in grasping a broader sense of responsibility and a larger understanding of the physical world and acquiring greater self-confidence, know-how, and leadership skills.
- Camper is committed to being a positive contributing group member and shows a genuine interest in participating, understanding that his or her commitment means full participation and completion of the program.
Camp Scholarship FAQ’s
How are scholarships determined?
Scholarships are awarded based on need and extenuating family circumstances. The scholarship committee will confidentially review applications and determine awards.
How much money is available for scholarships?
Limited funds are available. Scholarships are awarded in three amounts; full, partial, and set amount scholarships may be awarded.
When are the deadlines for scholarship applications?
Deadline is April 1st. All applications MUST be completely submitted in order to be eligible for review.
When will scholarship applications be reviewed?
All scholarship applications will be reviewed within 3 weeks of the application deadline.
How will I be notified whether or not my child will receive a scholarship?
All notifications of awards will be mailed out and sent via email on May 1st. The award letter will contain instructions on registering your child for camp.
- What if my son or daughter is too young to complete the writing portion of the camper essay?
- We love ART! Please have your child draw what camp means to them, or why they want to come to camp.
- What if I do not have the most current year’s tax forms? We will accept the prior year’s tax forms.
- Will I receive a notice if my application has been accepted? Yes! When a complete application is submitted you will receive a confirmation email notifying you that your application is in review. Once you have been approved for the scholarship, you will receive a confirmation email with instructions on how to complete your registration.
- Do I have to pay a $50 application fee for each child? Yes. There is a $50 application fee for each application.
- Do I receive a refund for the application fee if I do not receive the scholarship? If your child does not receive a summer scholarship, the fee will be applied to any future camp session or the following year’s application process.