A camp with American Camp Association (ACA) accreditation is the best option for your children and their fun, safe, and successful summer camp experience. ACA accredited camp experiences (like those at Camp Live Oak) help children grow, share, create, and have fun in an environment that is safe and structured. ACA accreditation covers everything from stringent safety standards to fun, exciting camp programs to staff to camper ratios, and so much more. At ACA camps, parents can be assured of a safe and fun environment for their kids!
ACA Camps Deliver Superior Camp Experiences
American Camp Association accredited camps are focused on delivering superior camp experiences including exceptional programs, camp conditions, and the health and safety of everyone at camp. ACA accreditation promises:
- A Greater Level of Supervision for Campers – ACA camps promise the highest quality of certified camp counselors and teachers, each with CPR and First Aid training. In addition, the ACA maintains supervision guidelines for each activity, ensuring the health and well-being of campers and staff.
- Safer Camp Environments – Emergency exits, water safety testing, hazardous material disposal, playground safety, electrical safety, and sanitary guidelines are all benefits of ACA accreditation.
- Safe Food Handling – At ACA accredited camps, safe food handling practices are enforced. This means hand washing facilities, appropriate refrigeration, food service management training, and a food services supervisor on site.
- Transportation Regulations – Vehicles used by ACA accredited camps undergo regular check and meet stringent safety guidelines. In addition, driver training is required for drivers and safety procedures are enforced on the road and in loading/unloading of campers.
- Healthier Campers – At ACA camps, campers undergo health screenings to ensure they are healthy and up-to-date on vaccinations. A registered nurse or a licensed doctor is on site every day of camp. The entire staff is required to have health and safety training and each camp has a designated ‘health care center’ available as needed.
ACA Camps Promise to Enrich Campers’ Lives
ACA Camps change lives though a caring community of counselors who provide guidance to campers in a safe, positive, and nurturing environment. Campers gain self-respect, self-identity, self-worth, leadership skills, and self-esteem while learning to appreciate the uniqueness of others. Campers acquire a sense of community as they learn by experience in teachable moments from the intergenerational relationships formed with trained and caring adult mentors.
Mentored by ACA camp professionals, campers at ACA camps gain an understanding of the value of people and the natural world in which they live, as well as learning to contribute to the world.
- Value of Individuals – The value of each individual is demonstrated through respect, caring, sharing, and honesty. In addition, campers learn the power of teamwork as well as how to protect and nurture friendships with one another.
- Value of Nature – Nature is real and genuine. These qualities are appreciated in people and the world. At camp, campers learn the importance of protecting each other and preserving the environment to ensure survival of the natural world and the people in it for generation to come.
- Value of Contribution – By contributing to each other and the environment, campers develop connections to each other and the world around them.
By learning to value people, nature, and one another’s contributions, campers learn communication, leadership, responsibility, resilience, resourcefulness, self-respect, fairness, citizenship, caring, and trustworthiness.
ACA Accreditation Matters
ACA accreditation keeps campers safe, having fun and learning, while giving parents peace of mind while their children are away at camp. At Camp Live Oak, we are proud of our ACA accreditation and invite you to visit and see the difference!