The new school year here and families are scheduling around school schedules, teacher work days, and school vacations. What are your children going to do to keep them occupied and out of mischief on those days when school is out and mom and dad have to be at work? Day Camps and Camp Sessions at Camp Live Oak provide the perfect solution for both parents to relish and kids to enjoy!
Benefits For Parents
- Camp Live Oak is an American Camp Association (ACA) Accredited Camp. For parents’ peace of mind, this means your children will be enjoying themselves in outstanding camp facilities, with the promise of highest quality programs in a safe and healthy environment under the supervision of well-trained certified camp counselors and teachers. Additionally, Camp Live Oak’s staff is trained in CPR and First Aid so should the unexpected occur they are ready to provide the best care possible.
- Parents can be assured their children will be engaged in fun activities while learning something new at every day camp while enjoying the great outdoors running, jumping, playing, and more! All activities are age appropriate and may include sports, arts, crafts, science activities, swimming, beach activities, canoeing, hiking, archery, paddling, or fishing.
- Rates are reasonable, with discounts for multi-day camp packages and siblings who want to join in the fun.
Benefits For Children
- Camp Live Oak offers full days of fun with an incredible number of hands on activities that are fun and exciting!
- Children will enjoy time meeting new friends and joining in games, sports, events, crafts, and eating delightful treats all in environment made for learning in an enjoyable and entertaining way.
- Kids will relish the fact that they are able to run, jump, explore, and play outdoors in the water and on land with no desks, no chairs, and no tests!
How To Join The Fun
Camp Live Oak Fun Day Camps are offered at the Fort Lauderdale, Birch State Park location only and conveniently coincide with the Broward County Teacher Work Day Schedule. The camp days begin at 9:00 and end at 3:30, with free before and after care until 5:00 pm. And, of course, lunch is included!
For the 2017-2018 school year, Camp Live Oak is offering exciting options sure to please kids and parents alike! Each camp offers energetic activities coupled with dynamic learning with something for everyone!
In October, Spooky Halloween Camp Day will explore Native American tales of ghosts and spirits while campers enjoy crafts, treats, field games, canoeing, and swimming. In November, paleontology is the order of the day as kids discover the great creatures who roamed Florida millions of years ago and relish swimming, fishing, and Capture the Flag.
Camp Days into the New Year begin in January with Survival Day which teaches (don’t tell the kids) with fun activities how to build a shelter, tie helpful knots, string a fishing pole, and more, while they revel in swimming, canoeing, and fishing for the day. Next up in January is Land of the Small, a day of discovery in the world of the tiniest organisms – worms, ants, bugs, and other creepy critters – and how they keep our ecosystem healthy. Land of the Small Day Camp will include archery, crafts, and swimming as well. February’s Camp Day will feature Mother Nature and all her attributes as campers enjoy hiking the woods, swimming the ocean, and canoeing the lake – making a multitude of fascinating discoveries along the way!
Sign your children up today for Camp Live Oak Day Camps at the Fort Lauderdale, Birch State Park https://www.campliveoakfl.com/single-camp-days/