Winter is nearly over, and spring is upon us. Here at Camp Live Oak, we believe Spring Break and Spring Camp are the perfect match – a time for kids to have fun, playing, creating, and enjoying time with friends, old and new, after months of school. This year’s camp activities promise a world of fun and exploration including archery, fishing, swimming, and so much more. If your kids are familiar with summer camp or our winter sessions at Camp Live Oak, they’ve probably already asked about attending Spring Break Camp. If not, Spring Camp is the ideal time to introduce them to the unique Camp Live Oak experience!
Spring Break Camp 2019
The fun-filled Spring Break Camps at Camp Live Oak are annual events held during the local schools’ (private and public) Spring Break Week in Ft. Lauderdale and Dania Beach. For 2019, the designated dates are March 22nd, March 25th through 29th, April 18th through 19th, and April 22nd through 26th. Spring Camp is offered at Birch State Park in Ft. Lauderdale and Mizell Johnson State Park in Dania Beach. The April Spring Camp dates are only offered at Birch State Park in Ft. Lauderdale.
Spring Break Camp regular camp hours are 9:00 am to 3:30 pm, with extended care available in the morning from 8:00 am to 9:00 am and in the afternoon from 3:30 pm to 6:00 pm. Parents can choose daily or weekly rates with sibling discounts available. Please keep in mind that programming may change, but program updates are provided as Spring Break Camp approaches.
Fun-Filled Spring Break Camp Activities
As always, this year’s Camp Live Oak Spring Break Camp promises a fun-filled adventure for all -from crafts and games to outdoor activities like canoeing, swimming, archery, and fishing. To help get the kids excited for what’s happening this year, here’s the schedule:
- Monday “Fabulous Flyers” – The day will begin as campers meet new friend in a round of teambuilding games. The day’s activities will include making some incredible flying zipline acrobats, a canoe exploration of the park’s waterways, and later swimming and sandcastle building as well as an exciting game of Flag Tag.
- Tuesday “Mind Tricks” – On Tuesday, kids will enjoy creating a giant fun house mirror kaleidoscope, making a life-sized clown version of themselves, and learning fun tricks which will leave them scratching their heads in wonder. Outside, campers will hone their archery skills as the shoot for the bull’s eye. Later, everyone will head to the beach for water games and swimming.
- Wednesday “Tricky Tricks” – Wednesday finds campers learning to juggle, creating colorful artwork featuring majestic elephants, and experiencing a carnival themed relay race. Kids will get to practice their throwing skills in the Quarterback Field Game, followed by fishing for the ‘big one’ and later, discovering the science behind gigantic bubbles.
- Thursday “Concentration and Balance” – On Thursday, the fun continues with Ferris Wheel Physics, Face Painting, and learning to balance like a tight rope walker. Next, the kids will enjoy Capture the Flag and exploring the mangroves by canoe.
- Friday “Fun for All” – Friday’s fun will include more archery adventures, swimming, and hiking through a hardwood hammock. To close out another fabulous week of Spring Break Camp, campers will enjoy blasting marshmallows from a carnival cannon and a sweet treat of colorful cotton candy.
Don’t Wait – Register Today!
Now is the perfect time to register your kids for Spring Break Camp and a fun-filled week, they’ll never forget!